EXCEPTIONAL FEATURES OF THIS VEHICLE:
- Fully Documented Owner History, Including Vehicle Registrations, Since New
- Fully Documented Service History, Bodywork, and Restoration Work Since New
- Desirable Manual Transmission
- Recent Service Including New Flywheel, Clutch and Starter
- Engine Bored to Vantage Spec by Renowned Aston Martin Restorer, Steel Wings
- 366 HP at Rear Wheels
OPTIONS + FEATURES:
- Exceptional Connolly Hides in Pristine Condition
- Modern Stereo with Bluetooth Functionality
- Lucas Driving Lights
- Rare Rear Flip Tail
- Left Hand Drive
LIVE THE EXPERIENCE:
A prime example of the ultimate “British Muscle Car” of the 1970s. Chassis Number V8 11850 LCAS left Newport Pagnell in late 1978 to its first owner in Abu Dhabi. It then changed hands to the second owner at an unknown date in Abu Dhabi, but prior to the second owner moving to it to London in 1986. 11850 was then acquired by its third owner in London in 1989 who kept it until 2003 when it was acquired by the current Canadian owner and brought to Vancouver.
All of the owners past and present have maintained the car in excellent condition as evidenced by a complete history of service records several inches thick including title and registration documents dating back to the first owner.
As well there have been progressive upgrades to the car throughout its life the most notable being the replacement of the automatic transmission with a 5 speed manual transmission performed by Steel Wings of New Jersey in 2006/2007. While at Steel Wings the cylinder heads were removed, overhauled and upgraded to the larger valves. Once the upgrades were completed the car was dyno tested and documented producing 366 horsepower at the rear wheels, putting it well in range of Vantage specifications.
In 1990/91 11850 went through a cosmetic refresh to the paint followed by a further more extensive refresh including a new front windscreen and full rust proofing in 1996. In 1997 the interior of the car was completely re-trimmed in Magnolia with Navy piping which perfectly offsets the Kentucky Blue exterior and shows very little wear in the 30,000 km it has travelled since then. Today the car could use a further refresh to remove wear and tear on the paint and body and removal of some corrosion to the sills, a common ailment of these cars. The chrome trim on the car shows very well with only minor weathering. The car recently underwent mechanical work including a new starter, flywheel and clutch.
The car drives very well with plenty of power evident and the wonderful growl of the big twin-cam V8 with the four downdraft Weber carburetors. The 5-speed transmission shifts crisply and accurately. The car has the solid feel the AM V8s are known for.
All in all, a very solid driver with a wonderful interior and storied history, which could be quite easily restored to concours quality
Out of Town Purchases + Delivery:
We have customers across Canada, the US, and through parts of Western Europe. As much as we want to sell cars in British Columbia, we recognize that our brand and business has earned its reputation internationally.
In Canada, every province has different taxation rules and we can accommodate them all. We can help you secure worry free shipping to your door, and assist you with vehicle registration once your car arrives.
You have a number of choices available to you:
The first step is to contact us. We always have our professional photographs, our inspection reports, lien checks, service records, CarProof, and CarFax Reports available to you. We’re happy to refer you to previous out of town customers so you can get a reliable third party account of their experience with us, to give you peace of mind when purchasing a car sight-unseen.
Should you prefer to see, touch, and drive your vehicle prior to purchase, we will pick you up at Vancouver International Airport (YVR). From there, you can choose safe, insured door to door delivery in enclosed transporters that guarantee the arrival of your purchase in the same condition that it left our showroom.
Or, should you opt for an exceptional drive home, we will happily pay up to $250 toward your overnight stay en route.
Please contact us if you have questions or need further information on out of province or international purchases, shipping, and/or sales tax exemptions.
The Fine Print:
Smart people always read the fine print, and you’re smart, so here it is:
- all vehicles subject to prior sale
- all prices subject to applicable taxes and levies
- *Lease payments are quoted on approved credit, and are subject to change from month to month. Applicable taxes, lease acquisition fee and PPSA registration fees additional. Contact us for details or to tailor a quote to your preference. We have terms up to 60 months with as little as $0 down available on most vehicles.
- while we make every effort to ensure our website is correct, sometimes mistakes can, and do happen. Please contact us for exact vehicle options, history, mileage and details. Better still: come in and experience the car for yourself, to confirm it’s right for you. E.+O.E.
Options & features currently not available
Technical Specifications currently not available