A rare opportunity to own an exceptional one-off Special based on a 1937 Alvis Speed 25. Chassis number 13343 was originally fitted with a saloon body by Charlesworth. Delivered to Galt Ltd in Glasgow, this early Speed 25 was dispatched on 31st October 1936 and registered in 1937, the first full year of production. At one point owned by a Mr. C.V Sharp of Lymington, Hants, he subsequently sold it to a Mr. K.A. Wilson of Toronto Canada in October 1969. Mr. Wilson owned the car until Sept 1999 and then sold it to an owner in Langley, British Columbia in October 1999; he sold this car to the present owner in the Spring of 2014.
Fast and reliable, the Alvis Speed 25 was announced in 1937 with the 3571cc straight six engine which produced 106bhp at a lowly 3800 rpm. Sporty and low slung, the cross-braced chassis ensured robust construction and excellent ride and handling characteristics for cross country journeys. The Speed 25 had independent front suspension and servo-assisted brakes in keeping with the latest automotive technology of the time immediately prior to WWII, yet still produces a pleasant driving experience today.
When the current owner, a seasoned collector and experienced restorer of classic cars, was deliberating over the much-needed restoration of the saloon body, the decision was made to create a period correct, light weight, fast yet comfortable “Brooklands Style Rally Special”. Multiple Pebble Beach winners RX Autoworx were engaged to make the owner’s vision a reality. This is the exceptional vehicle you see here today. Plywood bucks were painstakingly created to make the 1:1 model for the new body, then digitally measured for construction of new ash framing and hand formed bodywork. A new interior was created using as many of the original fittings as possible. As well the original Lucas P100 headlamps and the original grille surround were retained. The bodywork and paint was then completed to RX Autoworx concours standards. Soon after completion an article by Brendon McAleer appeared in the August 2016 edition of Road and Track magazine. Please see the link below;
While a stunningly beautiful creation, this car is not meant to be a trailer queen. Rather, it is to be enjoyed as a long distance vintage rally car at events like the Copperstate 1000, or simply to enjoy the pleasure of putting it through its paces on a local backroad.
As such the current owner has put it to good use adding 6,000 miles since the build was completed in 2016 including the latest long distance run, an 1,800 mile trip completed this past summer. The car enjoys a comfortable 75 mph cruising speed and will top out at 95 mph. Some of the highlights and upgrades are listed below:
- Twin Omega Rally Watches.
- Hidden 12 volt battery cut out.
- Fitted charger point for mobile / navigation devices.
- Lightened flywheel.
- New aluminium cylinder head.
- Original dash and all gauges.
- Original seats reduced height and width. The seats can be altered to suit, although a 6’1″ tall driver drove this car with no problem this Summer over 1800 miles.
- Will fit nicely on a 4-point hoist as shown.
- Full synchromesh 4 speed transmission.
“This Vehicle Offered on Consignment”
Out of Town Purchases + Delivery:
We have customers across Canada, the US, and through parts of Western Europe. As much as we want to sell cars in British Columbia, we recognize that our brand and business has earned its reputation internationally.
In Canada, every province has different taxation rules and we can accommodate them all. We can help you secure worry free shipping to your door, and assist you with vehicle registration once your car arrives.
You have a number of choices available to you:
The first step is to contact us. We always have our professional photographs, our inspection reports, lien checks, service records, CarProof, and CarFax Reports available to you. We’re happy to refer you to previous out of town customers so you can get a reliable third party account of their experience with us, to give you peace of mind when purchasing a car sight-unseen.
Should you prefer to see, touch, and drive your vehicle prior to purchase, we will pick you up at Vancouver International Airport (YVR). From there, you can choose safe, insured door to door delivery in enclosed transporters that guarantee the arrival of your purchase in the same condition that it left our showroom.
Or, should you opt for an exceptional drive home, we will happily pay up to $250 toward your overnight stay en route.
Please contact us if you have questions or need further information on out of province or international purchases, shipping, and/or sales tax exemptions.
The Fine Print:
Smart people always read the fine print, and you’re smart, so here it is:
- all vehicles subject to prior sale
- all prices subject to applicable taxes and levies
- *Lease payments are quoted on approved credit, and are subject to change from month to month. Applicable taxes, lease acquisition fee and PPSA registration fees additional. Contact us for details or to tailor a quote to your preference. We have terms up to 60 months with as little as $0 down available on most vehicles.
- while we make every effort to ensure our website is correct, sometimes mistakes can, and do happen. Please contact us for exact vehicle options, history, mileage and details. Better still: come in and experience the car for yourself, to confirm it’s right for you. E.+O.E.
Options & features currently not available
Technical Specifications currently not available